Reach for the Stars 2018
Auction items this year! Click on the link 2018 CWIT RFS Auction Items
From #MeToo to #WeAreHere. Join us for an evening of conversation about responding to and preventing domestic and sexual violence in Ottawa and Allegan counties. Our keynote address this year will be given by a former CWIT client.
- Thursday, April 19, 2018
- The Pinnacle Center: 3330 Highland Drive, Hudsonville, MI 49426
- Doors open at 6pm
- Evening features silent auction & cocktail hour, plated dinner and program, mission-based paddle call, and more!
- Tickets $100/person until March 31
- For more information, give us a call at 616-494-1756
Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month
The 2015 Ottawa County Youth Assessment Survey results highlight the issue of teen dating violence. Among the 46% of students who had a boyfriend or girlfriend in year prior to the study, 10% of male respondents and 6% of female respondents reported being hit, slapped, or physically hurt on purpose by their partner.
Help us promote respectful relationships during Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month this February.
- Wear Orange For Love Day is February 13, 2018. Orange is the color for Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month. Take a selfie wearing orange and post your pics online with #Orange4Love and #teenDVmonth. Share them to our agency Facebook page
- Educate your friends! Promote awareness by sharing Teen DV Month graphics on social media.
- Are you a parent or guardian of a teen? Explore dating scenarios using the Relationship Spectrum with your teen and rate them as healthy, unhealthy, or abusive.
- Discuss what consent means and how teens can communicate and respect each other’s feelings and personal boundaries. Consent applies to everything from holding hands, kissing, or any other physical contact. Consent is a clear and enthusiastic yes and is freely given. The age of sexual consent is 16 in Michigan.
- Promote positive bystander behavior and encourage teens to stand up for one another, promote respectful behavior, and safely hold others accountable for harmful or abusive behavior.
- Invite CWIT staff to present the “Dating Abuse: Tools for Talking to Teens” workshop to your group of parents, educators, or mentors. Email LesleyC@cwitmi.org to schedule a presentation today!
Forward Together Campaign
After announcing the Forward Together Campaign on April 20, 2017, the Center has raised $2,617,500 in pledges and gifts. These contributions cover comprehensive needs for the agency – future capital improvements, endowment and programming.